"Submissive Dreams" is eliciting a lot of mail. So many women have had disappointing--sometimes scary--experiences with "dominant men" met online.
"Either they have a heavy hand when you are looking for a more erotic, playful experience--or they really specialize in dominance-through-humiliation, like the Mr. Critical guys you wrote about. "
Once again, I encourage you to share your submissive dreams with your lover or sex buddy before playing submissive to strangers. One way of introducing the subject: Read out loud to him from DS erotica or watch a film together in bed. They also make excellent masturbation aides.
You can find suggested erotic viewing in Daily Sex Bible.
Two classics you don't want to miss:
- "Belle du Jour," the Luis Buneul film from 1967 starring a young Catherine Denueve.
- "Last Tango in Paris", directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, starring Marlon Brando before he was fat and Maria Schneider.
Classic BDSM erotica:
- "Tropic of Cancer" & "Tropic of Capricorn" by Henry Miller
- "Venus in Furs" by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch
- "Justine" & "Juliet" by Marquis de Sade
- "The Story of O" by Pauline Reage
Erotic Novels of the Modern Era:
- "Portnoy's Complaint" by Phillip Roth
- "Gordon" by Edith Templeton, a recently rediscovered writer
- Books published by Cleis Press. Whatever your sexual persuasion, lifestyle or fantasy, Cleis has books for you. I love this little press.
The original dominant male heroes--those mad, bad and dangerous characters--were Heathcliff in "Wuthering Heights," Edward Dantes in "The Count of Monte Cristo" and, of course, Lord Byron. Now we have vampires in books like the "Twilight" series. Though I don't find vampires sexy, I would rather read about them than read the emails of creeps posing as doms on the internet. For the most part, they represent the lowest common denominator.
You deserve better.
Photo Credit: Daily Sex Bible
copyright 2008-2011, www.sexyprime.typepad.com; PARTIAL reposts only permitted with link back to original article on SexyPrime